Wednesday 14 March 2018

WOYWW...

Here we go again...it's another Wednesday show and tell of our creative spaces.....I love it. There are so many really clever folk out there willing to share their skills so why not join in the fun?  To find out more then just pop along to Julia's blog by clicking on this link...Stamping Ground.

So what's on my desk today?


I had so many lovely comments about the finished quilt I showed you last week....thanks folks.
I've been working on the next one this week [now finished and posted so will share a pic as soon as I can].
We decided it needed a border of the spotty lemon before binding it in a pretty pale pink and of course I didn't quite have enough to go all round so.....

......I had to order some more lemon spotty.  Of course it was worth making  a parcel up to justify the postage so here's my latest fabrics.
I am aware I have a problem when it comes to fabrics but my quilts have been shown so much interest that of course I have to have fabrics to hand [to stroke] in case I get more orders.  :-)

I have also had this gorgeous Wedding dress to shorten plus a bridesmaids dress and another gorgeous dress to alter this week [sorry I forgot to take pics of the other two to share with you].  I have several more posh dresses up and coming too so it's really lovely to work on such lovely things.

As you can see no two days are the same here and you can probably tell just how much I love my job and I know just how lucky I am.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit and will leave me a little message so I know you've called by so I can pay you a return visit when I get the chance.  I hope you all have a great week and the our friend Shaz is soon feeling much better.
Hugs,
Annie x

13 comments:

Helen said...

I think it is as well I don't (can't) sew as well as do papercrafting... the floors would collapse under the weight of the fabric I couldn't help but buy... Gorgeous quilt, gorgeous new fabrics! Helen #5

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Annie, I was so tempted to buy some fat quarters this week in Aldi but don't dare start another hobby; my shed would collapse under the weight of my stash lol. Instead I enjoy getting my fabric fix via you and Jan each week. Have a good week. Sarah #10

Anne said...

Hello Annie more fabrics :-) they are just gorgeous and of course you had to justify the postage lol
The quilt I'm sure is beautiful. What a pretty wedding dress. Have a lovely week Annie. Anne #15

lisa said...

Your quilts are gorgeous, Annie. I've been tempted to have a go at something similar and been looking for the fabric colours I have got in my mind. My sewing machine only gets an outing on paper and I think it's time to try it on fabric, lol!
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one buying fabric this week - those it appears that I was more restrained than you, lol!!!! Gorgeous colours and I bet you'll make something amazing out of them. You are very brave tackling a beautiful dress like that, I wouldn't even know where to start!!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

Twiglet said...

Yes that fabric is gorgeous and the dress is stunning. xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, lovely items as always, and I love your stash reasoning, lol. Adore the blue quilt fabrics, and spotty/stripy goes with almost anything, doesn't it? Fab dress, I suppose it will be loads of wedding & prom dresses over the next few months! Thanks for all the good wishes, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, you will be pleased to know that my little sketchbook as not been out or used though we believe there may be a lots more snow tomorrow so we'll see though there are the shops to visit Lol! You know how happy it makes me to see you being so successful with the business it just makes me feel so sad that so many schools have cut back on these kind of subjects in order to save money. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a lovely woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x9x

okienurse said...

love all the new fabric! I wish you lived closer cause just about everything I get has to be shortened because I am so short! That dress is gorgeous. I really like the quilt last week but I think this one is awesome too. Have a great week. Vickie #34

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, Ooo! Polka dots - I just love polka dots and think the world would look a whole lot better if it was covered in them :) Love the little birds on the topmost piece of fabric. Lots of stroking to be done there. The wedding dress is indeed gorgeous - lovely style. I use enamel dots to embellish the scrap layouts I make - they add lovely spots of colour and they are another texture. Enjoy your week whatever it brings. Hugs, Ellie x #30

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you’re so bad...any excuse. Why buy more of one pattern when you can stock five more too! totally get it, have been having a clear out and realise how many sewing projects i’d Intended...! That wedding dress is just gorgeous isn’t it, you are a wonder, there’s no way I would want to risk taking that up!!

craftyani said...

Love your new fabrics and it would be a waste not to make the parcel up for the postage. I know the feeling I am like that with wool. Ani#1

Lynn Holland said...

How much you love your job shines out in all your posts Annie. I truly admire your passion for life my friend xxx