Wednesday 2 March 2016

WOYWW.....

It's been one of those weeks here for us....I will get my sad post out of the way first before sharing my desk if you don't mind.

On Saturday morning our little old dog Rocky was struggling to pee as if he had a wee infection so we took him to the vets with a carefully retrieved sample for the vet to test.  The sample showed no infection was present but on examination there was something amiss with his tummy.  She took a blood sample and the results weren't good...there were several excessively high levels, one of with indicated some sort of probable growth pressing on his bladder.  We booked him in for an xray on Monday morning but he was worse on Sunday and when we returned for the appointment on Monday it was decided that at nearly 13 he was too old to have surgery and we had to have him put to sleep.  We invest so much love with our pets and since we lost his sister he has followed me around everywhere I go so there is a huge space left now.  He was such a little character....here he is lying on his new bed.....lets hope he is now pain free and running free with his sister over that rainbow bridge.


Sorry to start off on a sad note but I do now have a little sewing job I did yesterday that I hope will make you smile.

When I arrived at silly o'clock for my twin duty yesterday morning Sam greeted me with..

' Nanny, do you remember the bug you made me when I was a baby?  It was like Lexi's taggy worm but was blue and spotty.  Well, I've lost it Nanny so can you please make me another one?'

I smiled because Lexi's wormy has always been a firm favourite and even had to be replaced when she mislaid it once [but of course no.2 was never quite the same and thankfully no.1 was found again].  Sam has never really played with his and none of us could really remember it.  Over breakfast Sam described it in great detail so I had to play detective to find a pic of the original....thank goodness for blogging eh?


I spent ages searching through old posts around the time I thought I'd made them and eventually found a pic....and guess what?

It was exactly how Sam described it  :-)

I then had to make a go at finding matching fabric to make another and luckily I found just enough to make this....



Meet Bertie bug number two.....he's rather smaller than the original as that was all the material I had left but I'm hoping when I tell him that he is a new baby bug that will do the job.  :-)

Thanks for calling by.  I hope I've left you smiling and you will leave me a little message so I know you've called by.  I will do my best to pop over to yours as soon as I am able.
Hugs,
Annie x

32 comments:

Neet said...

So sorry to hear about Rocky, the trouble with pets is they eave such a big hole in our lives when they go don't they. Thinking of you.
Loved the story of Sam's bug - great copy and great detective work.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Helen said...

so sad about Rocky but I think you made the right decision. Love Sam's new bug; how cute!! Helen #2

Lynn Holland said...

We know only to well that gaping hole our little friends leave when they go so I'm giving you a big virtual hug and also giving thanks for the distraction and wonder of grandchildren for you
Lynn xxx 9

KC'sCourt! said...

So sorry for your sad loss.
I love the bug - he is sweet,
Julie xxxx

Di said...

Aw, so sad about sweet Rocky. They ask for so little, give us so much and leave a big gap in our hearts.

Hugs

Di xx

Nikki said...

Sorry about Rocky it's tough when we loose a pet. What a cute bug you made hugs Nikki 4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh,,sending you big hugs. It's awful when pets die, they are part of the family aren't they? Good for Sam though for asking for a new bug, it must have helped, having a distraction. It's a very buggy bug, hope,Sam likes it :-)
Hugs, LLJ 14 xx

buterfliecrafter said...

So sorry for your loss, but i'm certain that he had a wonderful life, receiving lots of love and you made a wise decision on his age, no need to prolong his suffering, and i'm sure he will be having loads of fun with his sister, looking down and watching out for you. Bertie no2 is super cute. my son calls my mum also nanna (which can be confusing as I'm mama) and she duplicated his favorite rabbit cuddle, just in case. Happy WOYWW Vicky #3

Laura said...

Sorry to hear about Rocky x
I love the bug! It's great that he remembered it so well too, Nanny's are just the best for making stuff to treasure.
Happy Deskday,
Laura

Barb said...

Annie I am so sorry that you lost your dear Rocky the other day. What a sweet photo of him lying in his bed. He looks such a dear little boy. They do leave such a hole in your life when they go. I like to think of all our animal friend together over the rainbow bridge.

How lovely that little Ben was able to describe the little bug so well. I'm sure he'll love his Baby Bug. Hugs, Barbxx

Twiglet said...

I love the new Bertie - I bet Sam does too - so clever to be able to recall it - photographic memeory maybe? x

judith@poppy cottage said...

So sorry to read about Rocky, Annie. As pet owners, we love our animals unconditionally, and it is heart-breaking to say goodbye to them. I always feel that it is better to have had them for a while, than not at all.
Love the little bug, and yes, it does raise a smile. Happy WOYWW, Judith xx #32

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Annie, I am so sorry to read of your loss. I can very well understand how you must feel. Our pets take a piece of our hearts and make them theirs forever even when they are gone. Love the little blue bug but hope Sam finds the lost one soon, just like Lexi did with hers. I haven't posted in WOYWW today - we've had men laying new flooring so been keeping out of the way. Take care. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

ToadilyDiane said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you hugs.
Your little bug is cute and made me smile.
Diane WOYWW #31

Sharon said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It's such a hard decision to make. We had to make that decision a couple of years ago with Ben, our black lab. He'd had a wonderfully long life (16 years!). It seemed he knew it was time as when we were outside getting ready to say goodbye he walked around to us all as if to say goodbye.

Love your Bertie Bug. Wonderful creation! Made me smile.

Sharon K #42

Tilly Tea Dance said...

Aww Rocky, sorry to hear that Annie. You gave him a really good life at Team Powis.
Love Bertie Bug #2. Happy crafting x

Lisca said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Rocky. 13 Years is a respectable age though and as you say he is now happily cavorting around with his sister somewhere. He has not suffered.
I love the baby bug you made. Now lets hope Sam likes him too.
Thanks for stopping by,
Have a good week,
Lisca

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Annie,
Sorry to hear about Rocky. Bless his heart. Just imagine him not suffering any longer and he's running through green grass and playing with his old four legged friends.

The baby bug is adorable! I hope it makes Sam happy. Funny how you thought he didn't play with him much but noticed when he went missing and was able to describe him so well!

Thanks for visiting me already. I'm "sneaking around" while at work.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay (45)

Inside the artists shed said...

Oh my what a shame about Rocky but I'm sure you gave him a brilliant life. My old dog died a few years ago and I still have some of her toys that I can't just get rid of. Loving your little bug - all spotty and ready for a cuddle. Have a good day x Jackie 23

Sue Jones said...

So very Sorry about Rocky (((hug)))
love the new little bug <3
love soojay xx

Unknown said...

That sucks! I have two dogs and can't imagine life without them, big hugs. Your bugs are great.
Dawn #43

Deanne said...

run free little rocky
so sorry for you loss, our pets are so precious to us, big hugs x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

So sorry to hear your sad news. I bet he had a wonderful life with you and there are many happy memories to treasure.

Fiona #54

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw poor you. Life without Rocky will be horrid for a while, but you did the right thing. Love the bug, good distraction for a small while too!

BumbleVee said...

just sending a hug Annie....

xxx
Vee

JoZart Designs said...

I'm so sad for you at losing your lovely little Rocky. It's a gaping hole they leave in the home and in the heart but he couldn't have been with a lovelier family.
Big hugs and lots of love from Jo x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear about Rocky but at least he wont suffer. It's such a sad time when we loose a pet. Love the little toy thingy very cute. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 22

Stitching Lady said...

I like to visit your blog from time to time - though I don't take part in WOYWW - I am sad with you for losing your so sweet Rocky -

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Hugs Annie, these sweet little pets enter our life and share their love with us day to day. Only precious memories can make us smile and help the hurtful heart. Want to thank you for the kind words last week. I am thankful for my blog friends. And yes the blog photos do help us to remember, I've searched also for items to answer a question or two. Fun little bugs. Have a lovely weekend. I hope the forecast for 60/70 temps is true. I so need sunshine and outdoor time. Cheers.

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

Sad news. It is so painful to have to put a pet to sleep. You will meet your dear Rocky again one day. After we lost our Ted to cancer we heard him bark and heard his tap tap tap across the Kitchen Floor. I am sure he was letting us know that he was still around. Bertie Bug is really cute. Take care now. Marion x

Dee Spillane said...

So sorry for your loss. So hard to loose our little fur friends.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

dear kind nanny what a great Bertie bug (reminds me of Forgiven by A.A Milne, curiously!).. what treasures your "twinnigans" are!
sorry for you loss .. it is heartbreaking after such a ling association, we were notorious for having pets die on us, the saddest was Snooksy our beautiful pussycat, so very cute with her four sock-white feet, but cattle tick put an end to her existence.. and few other pets suffered equally sad demises, not one died of old age. Needles to say after that record we no longer have one.
However, it sounds like you really looked after yous very well, thinking of you, dear Annie..
and oh I love your little Miss Chatterbox up above .. what a cracker of a shot!
Thanks so much for popping over and for sharing.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}