Wednesday 13 November 2013

WOYWW....A quiz

Hello to all my wonderful Wednesday visitors who join me in linking up to the WOYWW madness each week....I you still don't know what I'm on about then please pop over to Julia's and find out more.

Last Friday's happy post gave me lots of giggles with the suggestions in my little 'have a go for fun quiz' so I thought I would see if any of you can guess what I've been making.  You all know I love a challenge when it comes to sewing.

The clues so far ...
  • The customer was male and of working age
  • He uses one of these during his working day
  • I have to make him two like this....one to use and one to wash as a spare [ yes, he will get it dirty :-) ]
  • I am also making him a zipped, bag shaped one too.




This was the fabric he brought for me to make them all with.....strong calico







Using the measurements and instructions he gave me this is the paper pattern I made....those are inch squares on my cutting board.










And, as no one has guessed right so far and I've now finished the sewing here are a couple more pics.....



Lay flat on it's side.






Another view.


So come on folks.  Put your thinking cap on and leave me a guess as to what you think I've made.  I will be finding a little prize for the first person to guess the right answer and if no one can guess I will be sending a little something to the person that makes me laugh the most.  :-)



The only other pic I'm sharing today is one of a little gift my big sister picked up for me from the car boot.  A pair of large knitting needles for just 50p...she just couldn't resist them.  :-)  What a bargain eh?....and we all know now that an American size 6 1/2 is really an English size 3....but I do have to say I didn't know they made them  ;-)

Thanks for popping by today.  Don't forget to have a go at the quiz and/or leave me a little hello so I know you've called and I will do my best to pop by at yours when I get a minute. 
Hugs,
Annie x

29 comments:

Twiglet said...

Thanks for the giggle! x Jo

fairy thoughts said...

Hehe I had to really zoom in to see what was funny glad I did who says size doesn't matter
Janet #38

Mrs.D said...

Morning Annie.
What a strange creation!
It looks like a shoulder protection thing. Arm through and then large piece protecting shoulder from whatever mucky thing the arm is doing. Maybe messy vet things?
Well time to make tea for OH.
Chris #41

JoZart Designs said...

I haven't a clue what it is but my mind is racing and you are a one, a naughty one as I know, you know, what naughty thoughts we'll have. As for those needles... say no more!!!
Jo x

Neet said...

It looks like a nappy to me. Love the knitting needles, what a find and what a great smile - and it is only Wednesday.
Hope all is well
Hugs, neet xx

Julie Lee said...

I had to laugh at the needles! I had a French friend who spoke beautiful English, but she did make some howlers. As you probably know, a famous paint company used a bearded collie to advertise their brand - dear Francoise referred to him as 'The Durex Dog'! Now, that protective clothing made my mind boggle! Is he a chef of some kind??? Rubbish answer I know! Thanks for the visit earlier. Julie Ann xx

tilly said...

It's surprising who makes what these days lol......still not a clue unless it is a flag pole holder lol
Tilly

jill said...

Lol, @ needles. Anne
Happy woyww jill #28

shazsilverwolf said...

Laughing out loud at your post. The knitting needles are ace- I have a number of funny lines in my head- none of them clean, lol. As for your project, the mind truly boggles- I will be back to find out what it really was! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #21xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh lady it's way too early in the AM here for this crazy pattern, first thought was a Chef's hat but the opening is Way to small. No clue, I don't suppose you have the Jolly Green Giant over there? Thanks for the fun #83 this week

Di said...

My guess was Sumo Wrestler - hiyaaaaah!!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

I just thought, perhaps he's a pupetteer? That long piece looks arm sizxed to me so scrub the Sumo Wrestler after all!

Unknown said...

Lovely space! thanks for sharing today!
The Craft Donkey
#91
http://craftdonkey.blogspot.com/2013/11/whats-on-my-workspace-hmmm.html

glitterandglue said...

Hello Annie. Hubby and I have been puzzling over your fabric and pattern for days. Even went as far as cutting out 2 pieces of paper to the right(ish) proportions and twisted them round and round.... still got no-where. Maybe your mysterious gentleman of working age who needs 2 of these, is a window cleaner. The "pocket" is for the mop thingy - and the zipped one will be for his money.
Have a great week - you are certainly creating lots of fun and laughter with this.
Margaret #42

Caro said...

LOL! What an amazing creation...could it be some sort of workman's apron for tools? Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#72)

Lisa-Jane said...

Good grief! I have no idea what that project involves but it looks like something only a male would be able to use, something to do with appendage and keeping it warm or something.... #49

Andrea said...

lol I have some ideas but cant publish them lol it must be for some kind of tool! ..will be back to find out as for the needles what can I say who would have thought you could get knitted ones! have a good week and thanks for sharing a great post ..need to come back for the answer though Andrea 35

Hettie said...

Bwahahahaha!! Still no clue about what you are making! Love those needles.
Hugs
xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My!!! This is too late - I'll be having nightmares and I only popped by to say thanks for visiting earlier! I would say I love what's on your desk but my imagination is working overtime - can only think it's for a long-distance truck driver to store his 'water' bottle in!!! Chrisx 61

Nan G said...

Well you have us in quite a tizzy, Annie. So ..a protective arm thingy for a chimney sweep. No! A protective sleeve for ED gone awry. Oh my bad (sheepish, wicked grin) WOYWW hugs! Nan G #24

The Taming of the Glue said...

I've no idea but it did make me laugh! Let's hope the knitting needles don't get muddled up with their other products! Hugs. Pam#32

WinnibriggsHouse said...

You've got us all thinking here, and giggling manically too at those needles. It's not a dust cover for a sweeps brush when he's cleaning out these new wood burners is it?

Di said...

I emailed yesterday Annie, but even if Chimney Sweep that I suggested is right, others actually commented before I staggered here this morning anyhow. WHY would he want it to be white though :( Guess so he knows when it needs a wash?

Hugs, Di xx

Cardarian said...

I haven't got a clue what you are making for the male customer ( could be some special boxers???:-)) but I love those knitting needles - what are you going to make with them is the question!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

Unknown said...

lol! so great to read through all these guesses... :)
i have no idea what that could be for - I'd say for some kind of tool to hold or to protect his arm when he's working on sth messy... and: WHERE would the zipper go anyway?!?!? ;)
Jana #67

famfa said...

I can't look at it anymore. I have no idea. He doesn't have a tail does he? Love the needles - please don't get them mixed up with their namesake
Famfa 11

famfa said...

...... A bee keeper? 🐝

Carmen said...

Ooer missus! I actually think it's some kind of tool holder that gets strapped onto his belt? Looks very naughty!

Thanks for stopping by and your lovely encouraging words :)

Carmen #82

voodoo vixen said...

Yikes... talk about late at desk snooping, my apologies for not popping by sooner, but DH was off for a long weekend and I am getting the desk cleared before visitors arrive later this week! Annette