Friday 5 July 2013

This week's smiles.....week 25

Happy Friday to each and every one calling by here this week.  Last week there was only a few who joined in the fun so thank you for those taking the time to share their happy moments to make the world around them a better place to live.  I know it does me good focusing on the happy moments during my week so why not take just 5 minutes out of your busy lives and giving it a go?

My featured blog this week is my big sister's.  Jo took a photo of a blackbird taking a bath....how voyeuristic is that?  hehehe She asked what we thought the black bird would be saying....isn't it obvious?  He was shouting...."Please shut the bathroom door!"  :-)  Both Jo and I get a lot of pleasure from the birds in our gardens.

My smiles for this week....


I have had three wonderful days this week with my little twinnie munchkins so I've snapped just a few of my happy moments to share with you all......please click on to enlarge so you can read the captions  :-)  They bring me such a lot of pleasure how could I not share them?

The other photo I want to share with you is one Shell sent me of Lexi with her favourite book  :-)
It's a book of insects as you can probably see and as her Mummy,  Nanny Annie and Great Aunty Jo are all arachnophobes you will understand how we feel about her choosing this one as her favourite.  :-)  Just to see her little hand so close to that huge spider makes my heart beat a little faster.

I hope my pics have made you smile today and you will try to share a pic or two of your happy moments this week.

Hugs,
Annie x

13 comments:

Gill Edwards said...

Hi Annie,

i couldnt stand to touch that book with all the creepies in *shudders* but its good she has no fear of them on paper at least.

have a good week
Gill x

Twiglet said...

Tickle, tickle, tickle, little spider!!! ha - you wouldn't get me to touch even a picture of one. That photo collage is just brilliant - what a happy pair. x Jo

Angie said...

Great shots ...Lexi would get on well with Ben ....he loves books like that ...his favourite was Dinosaurs from a very young age...now he knows so much about them.
Sorry I was not around last week but we lost China and I did a RIP post....no smiles that day.xx

Laura said...

Is it on me?
I feel like it's on me!
Urgh!!
I had an encounter with one the other day. My body chose to freeze. It ran towards me and I just stood there shouting 'spider, spider, spider' at it. I must come up with a better plan for next time!
:)

Hettie said...

Love those pics this week! I am alright with pictures with spiders (or fivers as I used to call them at Lexi's age) but it is the really ones I dislike, though I don't squish them. I have a "daisy" to remove them safely to outside!
xx

Angela Toucan said...

what a nice book she has there

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love the book, I'd take spiders, snakes long before I'd even think of a rodent.
My grandkids have the square block, always good entertainment here too.
Thanks for all the great photos of your happy kids! That age always brings SMILES. Wishing you many.

JoZart Designs said...

I really don't mind crawlies as long as they cannot sting or bite. I once held a Rose Tarantula on my hand whilst I was doing a live bulletin on radio from a health and wellbeing show. I swear the tarantula was watching my every move.
It is amazing how fascinated Lexi is by that book though.I love all the other Fun with Nannie Annie pics too.
JoZart x

Caro said...

The photo montage is gorgeous. I love the insect book. Alex would love that one! Thanks for hosting. Caro xxxx

Tracy said...

I dont mind insects so long as they done come too close to me. My daughter on the other hand loves all live creatures and is always catching them.

mamapez5 said...

I am facinated by bugs but spiders are my least favourite. I held a tarantula once when I invited an 'animal man' to come my nursery. I couldn't let the children see how much I was trembling, but I did warn him to be ready to catch it if I freaked out and dropped it. But that is just the sort of book that children will return to over and over. It is good to see them enjoying books. I sometimes fear the next generation will have forgotten what they are! Lots of other lovely family photos too. Enjoy them while they are little. Kate x

Neet said...

Wonderful moment of happiness in those photos Annie - what a treasure load of smiles you have and I cannot begin to imagine what your album is like with all the wonderful grandee photos in its safekeeping.Keep 'em coming.
Hugs, Neet xx

Unknown said...

Dipping in again this week...
I know where you're coming from with the spider, it certainly gave me a start when I first saw the picture - it took a few seconds to realise it wasn't a real spider crawling over the book! Thanks for sharing your smiles. XX