Friday 21 January 2011

Help! I am in need of some butterflies....



I am wanting some butterflies for my daughter's wedding stationery.  Does anyone of you talented bloggers know of the best punch to cut out butterflies of about 3 cm x 4 cm or do any of you know of the best place I could buy some ready made ones from?

Latest Update......She has now changed her mind!!!!!  Butterflies was a definate for all of 30 minutes  :-)
Think we are going for hearts now....Sorry to be a pest and thanks girls for all your help.


Kids!!!!!....wouldn't be without her really  :-)

7 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

I don't know of a pretty punch, I can obtain silver, gold, or glittery butterfly peel-offs if that is any help?
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Di said...

Hi Wipso

I use a punch made by X-Cut. Have just retrieved it from my cupboard and punched out a sample which measures approx. 4.5 cm across the widest part of the wings and it's about 3cm from top to bottom at the longest point. All the details are on this posting on my blog: http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/05/butterflies-card.html
As it's a 'dimensional' butterfly you have the option of leaving the centre of the body attached to (say) a band of paper or, as I do, snipping them out and attaching a few little pearls or something down the body. I love the punch!

Hope this helps Di x

Karen said...

I don't kow of a good punch my lovely, sorry. Try googleing Woodware stockists in the UK, they are pretty good punches. Good luck xxx

Anonymous said...

EK success also do good punches but don't know if they do a butterfly one.
x Tricia

Jensters said...

Kids hey they do get us in a pickle....heart theme sounds great.

mashy20 said...

How rude!! A woman is entited to change her mind! had a fab day with my mum....even if she is rude about me when i leave :-)

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't have any problems finding hearts then - just be thankful it wasn't a sewing machine she wanted on them.
x Tricia